- Harvey, Eleanor Jones. The Painted Sketch: American Impressions from Nature, 1830-1880. New York: Dallas Museum of Art in association with Harry N. Abrams, 1998.
- Helmer, William F. Rip Van Winkle Railroads. Hensonville, N.Y.: Black Dome Press, 1999.
- Hone, Philip. The Diary of Philip Hone. Edited by Allan Nevins. New York: Dodd, Mead & Co., 1927.
- Horn, Field. The Greene County Catskills: A History. Hensonville, N.Y.: Black Dome Press, 1994.
- Howat, John K. The Hudson River and its Painters. New York: Viking Press, 1972.
- Huntington, Daniel C. The Landscapes of Frederic Edwin Church: Vision of an American Era. New York: George Braziller, 1966.
- Hudson River Museum:
- Hudson River Portfolio, featuring the collections of the New York Public Library:
- Hudson River School Art Trail:
- Hudson River School Glossary, The Albany Institute of History and Art: